Here’s what you need to know about emergency roof repair costs should you find your roof leaking this winter.
Temperatures are starting to dip across the NC Piedmont Triad and with winter approaching and at this time of year we’re seeing that other unfortunate trend right alongside it: emergency roof repair call-outs are on the rise.
We know that for some homeowners, it seems like emergency roof repair is just another in a long list of expenses we just don’t want to deal with, but—as many of our clients have learned in the years they’ve known us—maintaining your roof is a crucial home repair you really don’t want to overlook.
And there’s really no need. The true cost of emergency roof repair isn’t as high as many of our clients think. And when the alternative is paying the price of a total roof replacement—which can cost 10 times as much—we are confident you’ll be glad you did it.
So to give homeowners some idea of what they can expect to pay for emergency roof repair, we’re breaking down the costs for you.
And then we’ll show you how to get the best emergency roof repair, wherever you are.
The Cost Of Emergency Roof Repair
The cost of emergency roof repair generally depends on the type of damage your roof has sustained. The first step is to identify the damage, in order to make the necessary repairs quickly, safely, and cost-effectively.
Some common areas that bear the brunt of our unique North Carolina weather are:
- Broken, damaged, or missing shingles
- Damaged flashing
- Damaged or leaky vents
- Ice dams
- Leaky skylights
- Damaged or clogged guttering
Of course, prevention is always better than cure, so a reliable roof inspection service can identify and resolve some common issues before they threaten your home and your back pocket. But hindsight is 20/20, so let’s move on to the cost breakdown.
The average cost of roof repairs ranges from $350 to just under $1,500, depending on the severity of the damage, the roofing products used, and the pitch of your roof. Since roofing materials vary so much in cost and quality, this is the main reason for the broad price range.
Emergency Roof Repair: Asphalt Shingles
The average cost of repairing asphalt shingles is $710. That may be an intimidating figure, but keep in mind that most common asphalt shingle repairs cost between $250 and $600.
The most common emergency repair for an asphalt shingle roof is replacing shingles, which can be done quickly and effectively by a professional roofing contractor.
Flashing damage—and the cost involved in remedying a leaky roof—can cost up to $1,500.
Emergency Roof Repair: Flat Roofing
The typical cost of flat roofing repairs is between $300 and $500, with the average being just under $400. The most common issue with flat roofing is fixing leaks and maintaining gutters—both of which sit at the lower end of the cost scale.
Carrying out regular gutter maintenance on your flat roof (or really any roof!) can go a long way to reducing the risk of emergency roof repairs.
Emergency Roof Repair: Metal
Metal roofing is one of the costlier materials to repair, with a national average of $1,300 and a state average (NC) of $1,119.
Re-coating metal panels costs between $1,500 and $2,500—including surface preparation, cleaning, and application—and may be recommended if your metal roof is nearing the end of its lifespan. Re-coating can prolong your roof’s life and avoid the unexpected investment of a total roof replacement.
Lower down the price scale, repairing or replacing fasteners can cost between $40 and $60 per hour.
Emergency Roof Repair: Tile
If your tile roofing needs urgent repair, the national average is $1,000. Our state average is slightly lower at $820.
Luckily, the most common damage to tile roofing is cracked or moving tiles, which expose the layer underneath to the elements and can lead to leaks and water damage. Tile replacement costs considerably less than the state average, but varies depending on the brand of tile, the extent of the damage, the pitch of your roof, and the time required to properly fix the issue.
Like a lot of our Piedmont Triad clients, you might be pleasantly surprised by the true cost of emergency roof repair. Or, you might feel intimidated at the thought of shelling out your hard-earned dollars unexpectedly.
We get it. Fortunately, there are steps you can take to minimize the impact emergency roof repairs have on you and your family—and make sure you get the best service for your investment.
Getting The Best Out Of Emergency Roof Repair
If you’re part of our community, emergency roof repair in the NC Piedmont Triad is easy, effective, and keeps your family and your home protected.
If you’re elsewhere in North Carolina—or anywhere across the US—here are some tips to keep you covered and confident.
- Financing: Some roofing specialists have listened to what their community needs and they’re offering financing options. This is a great service if you need to protect your home now—but your wallet won’t allow it.
- Fair pricing: Reasonable, fair, and competitive pricing gives homeowners access to emergency roof repairs without sacrificing quality materials or expert workmanship.
- Peace of mind: Look for 10-year written workmanship warranties, and certification from reputable manufacturers. We are an Owens Corning Preferred Contractor and CertainTeed Master Shingle Certified. We stand by our workmanship to give local homeowners peace of mind in their hour of need.
- Emergency response: Many specialist roofers offer a 24/7 emergency response service. We do! And it needn’t cost you the earth—in fact, we don’t charge an emergency response fee at all.
- Insurance support: When you need emergency roof repair in the NC Piedmont Triad or anywhere in the US, you often expect that the fix will be the hard part. Unfortunately, dealing with insurance headaches is often a lot harder than letting a professional roofing contractor repair your roof. Find a contractor who has experience with insurance claims—we can modify our contracts to align with insurer’s reports, make additions, and negotiate a beneficial outcome on your behalf.
- Professionalism: Furthermore, ork with the team that values integrity and quality, communicates clearly and openly with you, and has experience in storm damage restoration.
Dealing with roof damage is a stressful time for you and your family. Fortunately, a reliable professional roofing contractor can take the stress out of the repair—and it doesn’t have to cost the earth. Choose an expert roofing company to take the sting out of emergency roof repair—you’ll be glad you did!
Need emergency roof repair right now? Call us if you’re in the NC Piedmont Triad area—we’ve got you covered.